Kim's journey

Kim was diagnosed last Thursday, September 16, 2010 with ovarian cancer. As Kim's Family, Friends, Neighbors and Fans - we have started this blog to help share information, updates, support, and love with each other during her next few months of surgery, treatment and healing. We will try to update it whenever we receive information. Please feel free to leave a comment expressing your support, love, and encouragement anytime - as that is how we will all grow and strengthen each other - especially Kim and her family. We love you Kim, and our faith, prayers, and total support and dedication are with you as you embark on this "Journey"!







Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Headed to the Happiest Place on Earth

     Well, there's been lots going on this past month--a few chemo treatments, lots of school stuff, skyping with Jarett on Mother's Day & some CT scans thrown in also.  My CA-125 #'s had very slowly crept up the last couple of times, & this lovely nodule in my right chest started growing & getting tender again--darn, darn & double darn!  I'd been having a few other weird symptoms--which are probably normal signs of aging--but having cancer kind of throws a new perspective on all that & it's easy to get freaked out.  So, Dr. Prystas ordered some CT scans, which look pretty much like the ones they did 6 months ago.  The nodule looks the same, & the fluids in my chest & abdomen actually look better on this latest scan.  It's funny how once the Dr. says there's nothing new there, most of those weird symptoms just go away--I know, it's all in my funny head!
     Anyway, those #'s have been pretty good indicators of what's going on in the past--& so has this nodule in my chest--so I get this week off of chemo & we'll begin a new drug next Monday.  This new one is most likely going to make me lose my hair--which is surely a loss since it came back in so lovely (can you feel the sarcasm dripping?).  I'm gonna have to start working on my top-of-my-head tan quickly!  Fortunately, the hair loss doesn't seem to coincide with the nastiness of the other side effects--they should, hopefully, be easier than what I've been on.
     So, with all that said....I'm heading to Disneyland with Vern, Kali & the ladies from the dental office.  We're headed out for a little weekend retreat--driving in the suburban straight through today & back on Sunday.  I am totally excited for this trip!!!  2 1/2 years ago, I had to miss my trip with them to Orlando when I got diagnosed & had my big surgery.  They are such fun to be with, & this is going to be a great trip! My tender mercies this week?  No chemo effects for Disneyland & Jarett was transferred yesterday, so I don't have to drive right by the freeway exit where his apartment was & have to keep myself from stopping to give him a big hug--I don't have any idea where he is now...& won't until he emails me next Monday.  The Lord is really watching over me--I feel Him every day!  Love always, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment