Kim's journey

Kim was diagnosed last Thursday, September 16, 2010 with ovarian cancer. As Kim's Family, Friends, Neighbors and Fans - we have started this blog to help share information, updates, support, and love with each other during her next few months of surgery, treatment and healing. We will try to update it whenever we receive information. Please feel free to leave a comment expressing your support, love, and encouragement anytime - as that is how we will all grow and strengthen each other - especially Kim and her family. We love you Kim, and our faith, prayers, and total support and dedication are with you as you embark on this "Journey"!







Sunday, January 23, 2011

Going Slightly Stir Crazy

Things have been a little rough this week. It took about 9 days to get over all the effects from this last chemo treatment--and I was really looking forward to getting up and out and enjoying the next 12 days before my 6th treatment. Unfortunately, I haven't gone anywhere (unless you count driving the car in my jammies to the end of the road and the valley schools for my kids) because I came down with either some type of cold/flu bug and/or an infection in my incision site--I'm not sure if it's one or both. I have been fevering, chilling and having body aches on and off since last Wednesday. I started an antibiotic on Thursday afternoon, and the redness and swelling on my incision has been slowly decreasing, but I've pretty much stayed at home and laid around all week long. This has been kind of a common occurence with each chemo treatment, and Dr. Prystas is not sure why it's occuring, but this has been by far the worst it's gotten. I am so hoping that I'll turn the corner today and have one good week to go before my next treatment--I am tired of being sick. I am very grateful for the lovely ladies who have brought meals in this week. They each brought fabulous "comfort" food--just what you want when you're not feeling well--and I especially needed it this week! I am also thankful for my darling friends, Sue, Jeni and Corrina. By yesterday, I had hit my low of the week--tired of being cooped up in the house, wanting to feel better and get out, but not feeling well enough to do so. They came over about 6:30 last night, dressed in their jammies, with dinner, treats and some "chick flicks" to watch together--I had a great time! I also received phone calls several times each day from my parents, siblings and cousin checking in on me and breaking the monotony of the day. I've been doing so well during my nearly "two weeks off" after each treatment, that this kind of threw me for a loop. I'm continually reminded that we have to have "opposition in all things"--if we don't experience sickness, then we can never fully appreciate how good it is to feel well and have our bodies function properly. We don't always appreciate the good days until we have some that aren't quite as good. Things had been going so well lately, that I was bound to have a little setback at some point--I'm sure there will be more to come. I am continually grateful for a testimony of Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ and Their plan for me, and for the blessings of a wonderful family and friends. Love always, Kim

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kim,
    I seems as it was yesterday that you and Vern arrived and opened your first office in that little building next to the Heritage in Huntsville. We were so happy to have you as neighbors. Those are such good memories. Where ever I have been you have always shouted out a hello. I wanted to let you know how much Ingrid and I have always loved you and your family and you are in all our prayers. So hurry up and get better spring is coming and I am looking forward to see you running down our road.

    Juan Sanchez

    ReplyDelete