Kim's journey

Kim was diagnosed last Thursday, September 16, 2010 with ovarian cancer. As Kim's Family, Friends, Neighbors and Fans - we have started this blog to help share information, updates, support, and love with each other during her next few months of surgery, treatment and healing. We will try to update it whenever we receive information. Please feel free to leave a comment expressing your support, love, and encouragement anytime - as that is how we will all grow and strengthen each other - especially Kim and her family. We love you Kim, and our faith, prayers, and total support and dedication are with you as you embark on this "Journey"!







Friday, January 7, 2011

January Update

Just a quick note today--my brother, Paul, said that when too much time goes by without my posting, then some people get worried that I'm not doing very well. I am doing well--and looking forward to my 5th chemo treatment on Monday. Vern and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary yesterday. We went to a darling Bed & Breakfast in Logan last night, had a wonderful dinner, and then just relaxed and slept in while Kali came down to stay with the boys and get them off to school this morning. My Mom and Kali helped Vern pick out a mother's ring that he gave me last night with all my kid's birthstones--it is beautiful and just exactly what I would have chosen myself! Later this afternoon, we were able to go to the Ogden Temple with a group from our ward and perform sealings. This was the first time in over 4 months that we've been able to do this, and it was really special for me to be able to listen to those wonderful promises and remember that they apply to our marriage. I am especially grateful these past few months to be married to Vern--he has been so kind and good to me--this challenge has helped me to see him in a different light and has made our marriage stronger. I am thankful for Priesthood power, and the blessing of being sealed together as a family for eternity. Love always, Kim

1 comment:

  1. I've watched Kali lately, she is so beautiful and grown up. What a blessing to have her around more.

    So glad you took time out with Vern.

    Okay....tomorrow.....we'll pray that you'll continue with the great same attitude. That won't take too much faith, now will it? :-)

    Kim, I'm so grateful for this knowledge we have of this world, this time, this life. What would we do without Christ? Without truth? The important question is what have we done with it? :-)

    ReplyDelete