Kim's journey

Kim was diagnosed last Thursday, September 16, 2010 with ovarian cancer. As Kim's Family, Friends, Neighbors and Fans - we have started this blog to help share information, updates, support, and love with each other during her next few months of surgery, treatment and healing. We will try to update it whenever we receive information. Please feel free to leave a comment expressing your support, love, and encouragement anytime - as that is how we will all grow and strengthen each other - especially Kim and her family. We love you Kim, and our faith, prayers, and total support and dedication are with you as you embark on this "Journey"!







Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Greetings

It's been awhile since I've written. Last week was kind of rough--I wasn't feeling well physically, and my spirits were also a little down. It's challenging waiting for the CA-125 numbers to come back after my chemo treatments. I feel like there's a "fine line" between staying positive & optimistic about the results, and also being realistic. I was really hoping to have my numbers in the double-digits this last time, and to be only 8 points away from achieving that was kind of hard. I knew realistically that things were going to slow down the lower the numbers got, but because they had gone down so significantly each time it was hard to not have it go down alot this last time. But...this week I'm feeling so much better physically and emotionally. Throughout this entire experience, I feel more keenly the strong link between the physical & the spiritual. I am grateful to be continually learning things about myself and my purpose in this life. I was speaking to a wonderful lady earlier in the week, who has also gone through some pretty difficult challenges in her life. We were reflecting on the fact that these experiences we've had have been absolutely necessary for our spiritual growth and progression. If our lives had just gone on as they were, there would have been no other way we could have grown spiritually as we were meant to. I just hope that I can keep these things in mind as other "bumps in the road" occur that are difficult to deal with.
One thing I am especially grateful for this week is the faith and prayers of little children. This last month I've had the opportunity to meet with several young children who have been praying daily for me. I can't begin to describe how touched my heart has been to learn of, and meet with, these precious children of our Heavenly Father. Their faith is so pure and strong, and I am so thankful for their prayers--I know that He especially listens to, and answers their prayers. Thank you, parents, for teaching these young ones to pray and exercise their faith on my behalf.
Yesterday, I also had the great blessing of having my mom's sisters (otherwise known as the "sisty uglers") come to visit me. We had a wonderful visit (albeit short!), and they tied a new quilt to fit on my bed. They, and their families, have been such a support to my family and especially to my Mom, as she serves us all.
I was really hoping to be done with the chemo by this point--I feel like I have been one of the longest running service projects--and am continually thankful for the many acts of kindness & service still being given to us. I can't believe that 5 months into this, everyone is still so thoughtful and generous--you are wonderful and I love you! Happy Valentines's Day! Love always, Kim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! We are thinking of you and wish you and your family a very happy Valentine's Day! I love what you said about kids and their prayers. In our stake conf. today the SLC temple matron shared a story about a little boy who was knocking on the outside door to the baptistry. A temple worker heard his knock from the baptistry and heard him say through the intercom "God, I want to come in, will you let me into your house?" and the temple worker replied through the intercom "Yes, of course. When you are twelve and have a temple recommend you can come in" He then heard the little boy say to his mom "I just heard God, He said i can come back to his house" Anyways, something like that, i thought it was SO sweet and full of faith.
    We are all praying for you! much love! Emily and family.

    ReplyDelete