Kim's journey

Kim was diagnosed last Thursday, September 16, 2010 with ovarian cancer. As Kim's Family, Friends, Neighbors and Fans - we have started this blog to help share information, updates, support, and love with each other during her next few months of surgery, treatment and healing. We will try to update it whenever we receive information. Please feel free to leave a comment expressing your support, love, and encouragement anytime - as that is how we will all grow and strengthen each other - especially Kim and her family. We love you Kim, and our faith, prayers, and total support and dedication are with you as you embark on this "Journey"!







Tuesday, March 8, 2011

This One is for Sue

My friend, Sue Owens, stopped in to see me last week & told me that she wanted me to write more often (perhaps not such long epistles--my words, not hers!) letting her & others who don't see me very often know how I'm doing more regularly. Well, I am doing better this week. I'm feeling pretty good physically, other than being bone tired by about 11 am. I'm doing better emotionally this week, also. I have to remember that this is a journey, & it's going to have it's ups & downs. Five months ago, I wasn't even sure if I'd ever be able to leave my house or do anything normal again, so every day I'm alive & feel well is a bonus.
Kali is home from spring break this week, & it's always a delight to have her here! I was able to teach the lesson in Relief Society on Sunday, & I have a full week of activities planned with the family. I continue to be grateful to my parents, all those who bring in meals three times a week, & my cousin, Karen, who comes each week & helps with housework. I know it may seem like a small thing to those of you who are serving our family, but it helps our family immensely for me to have the energy to spend with them when they arrive home from work & school. It has been a long 6 months since things started going crazy for us, & I think the kids are holding up pretty well. We've been able to keep things fairly normal for everyone thanks to all these sweet "angels". I am also very thankful for all my dear friends who call to talk & listen, and those who write such sweet notes. I don't think you'll ever know how much it means to me--thank you. Love always, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment