Kim's journey

Kim was diagnosed last Thursday, September 16, 2010 with ovarian cancer. As Kim's Family, Friends, Neighbors and Fans - we have started this blog to help share information, updates, support, and love with each other during her next few months of surgery, treatment and healing. We will try to update it whenever we receive information. Please feel free to leave a comment expressing your support, love, and encouragement anytime - as that is how we will all grow and strengthen each other - especially Kim and her family. We love you Kim, and our faith, prayers, and total support and dedication are with you as you embark on this "Journey"!







Saturday, May 14, 2011

Just a Quick Update

This is just a quick update--it's Saturday--the sun has been shining--I've been in the house paying bills and I am ready to turn off the computer and enjoy the rest of the day. I am feeling pretty good since the surgery. Each day the tenderness seems to be getting better. I still have all 3 drains in--aaarrgghh! My sister told me hers were in for 2 weeks--I was so hoping that they'd be gone by now--it's difficult to find anything decent to wear so I can go out comfortably, and they get to itching and being sore at times. But, I have left the house a few times the last 2 days because I can't stand being cooped up anymore--this spring weather is glorious!!
I also got the pathology report this week from Dr. Reading. They found absolutely no cancer cells in the right breast anymore--yea!!! They removed 9 lymph nodes from the right arm, and two of them still had residual tumor cells in them. She said that I have responded very well to the chemotherapy for the breast cancer. It's difficult for me to believe that there were no cancer cells at all in the right breast, considering how large and extensive the tumor was 7 1/2 months ago--that is just an amazing miracle to me. I'm still not sure where we go from here. Four weeks ago, the CA-125 levels were 79, which leads my oncologist to believe that there is still cancer in me--they're just not sure yet where it is. I was kind of hoping that they would find cancer cells in the breast, so we would know where they were, and I could feel good about getting them removed. I am so grateful that the chemo has worked so well--I just need to wait (again & always!) until I speak to Dr. Prystas next week to see what the game plan is at this point. Thank you again for the prayers and support during this recovery--it has been much easier so far! Love always, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment