Kim's journey

Kim was diagnosed last Thursday, September 16, 2010 with ovarian cancer. As Kim's Family, Friends, Neighbors and Fans - we have started this blog to help share information, updates, support, and love with each other during her next few months of surgery, treatment and healing. We will try to update it whenever we receive information. Please feel free to leave a comment expressing your support, love, and encouragement anytime - as that is how we will all grow and strengthen each other - especially Kim and her family. We love you Kim, and our faith, prayers, and total support and dedication are with you as you embark on this "Journey"!







Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I am doing really well & am so grateful for the prayers & well wishes I have received. The surgery was not near as bad as the one to remove the ovarian cancer, & I feel that the recovery has been easy in comparison. If I didn't have 3 drains coming out of my chest area, I'd probably be out & about by now. Hopefully the drains will only have to be in for a few more days. My chest & arms are still fairly numb, but I do get hot, shooting pains in my right arm periodically when I move it. Dr. Reading didn't have to remove any muscle (thank heaven!), but the lymph nodes they removed on the right side were entangled with nerves, & she said that I would have pain in that area for a few weeks.
I have been so tenderly cared for by Dr. Reading, the nurses at LDS Hospital &, of course, my mom these past few days. Vern--as always--has been keeping things moving smoothly on the frontlines with our children & home. My friend, Melanie, gave me the new book of quotes by Elder Holland, and I just devoured it the day I got home from the hospital--I love how he expresses things. One of the quotes that just resonated with me this week was this one:
"When we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with--here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us, and in my case, one of them consented to marry me. Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind."--Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
There are so many "angels" who have ministered--& continue to minister to me. On this special day, I want to express my love to that sweet angel who gave birth to me, raised me well, & continues to attend to my every want & need. I know that she has touched not just my life, but the lives of all those who know her & observe her Christlike devotion & example. I also express my love to my children--they are beautiful people in every way, & are much better than I deserve to have. I am grateful for their forgiveness of my weaknesses & faults. I have learned more from being their mother than I'm sure I've ever taught them. I think one of the greatest blessings Heavenly Father has given me, has been the opportunity to be their mother. I am so grateful that I am still here, & can continue to love them & take joy in all that they do. I am so thankful that families can be together forever! Love always, Kim
P.S. Thanks to LoriAnn Hogge and all my friends for the cute running shirts they wore at the Snowcrest Ragnar Relay yesterday--you are all amazing!! I can't wait to see the pics!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Laura, and I'm a Kim Iverson holic. I admit it. As I've considered my addiction, I've come to a sad but truthful conclusion - the very little I do for her is kept fueled by her thank you notes to me. There, I admit it. I am addicted to Kim's thank you notes.

    ReplyDelete