Kim's journey

Kim was diagnosed last Thursday, September 16, 2010 with ovarian cancer. As Kim's Family, Friends, Neighbors and Fans - we have started this blog to help share information, updates, support, and love with each other during her next few months of surgery, treatment and healing. We will try to update it whenever we receive information. Please feel free to leave a comment expressing your support, love, and encouragement anytime - as that is how we will all grow and strengthen each other - especially Kim and her family. We love you Kim, and our faith, prayers, and total support and dedication are with you as you embark on this "Journey"!







Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Home

This afternoon around 3:00 p.m. Kim was released from the hospital and has returned home to her family.  The past six days have been filled with challenges and blessings.  Her goals now include getting an appetite back, resting, and building her strength and keeping healthy so that she can be ready for radiation and chemotherapy.  Her mother, Fern, is there and has assured us that at least for now she has the wash and house cleaning under control.  Meals are planned and scheduled to go in every other night, so if you are on our list and have not been called yet, you will be receiving a call and will have the chance to help with that.  There are also ladies helping with carpools for the kids at night - and Vern is keeping us posted on anything else that we can help with. 
For now - the family is asking that there be no visitors or phone calls.  Our efforts can still be put towards our thoughts, prayers, cards written, or comments on the blog to cheer and brighten Kim's days ahead.
Vern and Kim are so grateful for everyone and want to thank each of you for all that you are doing in behalf of their family - they feel loved and appreciate each of you!

15 comments:

  1. We are glad to hear that you are home.We are constantly thinking of you and your family. We hope and pray all goes well in the next little while and we will be able to see and talk to you soon. Love, Noels

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad that you get to be home now and that everything went well with the surgery.

    My parents and I are always available if you need anything! We are more than willing to help get the kids where they need to be, or to bring in meals! We have tried to get on the list, but I don't know if we are.

    Anyway, you are always in our thoughts and prayers!

    Love you! Haylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you get when you put the words 'Kim' and 'goal' together? Duh! RESULTS! I think that about says it all, right? :-)

    Iverson's, we're praying for you and sending our love and support!

    Kim, I think there's a book/movie in all this. With Gary by your side, I think it could be the next great inspirational movie. Watch out Sandra Bullock, you're on notice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, Welcome home. We are all pulling for you and praying that your cure will come as planned. If you and Vern need any home, transportation, or yard help we are willing to pitch in. The Burtons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kim and family,

    We send our love and support from Ghana. We are praying for your speedy recovery. Today we were in the Ghana Temple with 26 missionaries in residence at the MTC. Your name was placed on the Prayer Roll. Love Buck and Kathy Froerer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ate your share of the M&Ms.today at the meeting. I really miss you. Adult friendships are so weird. You don't realize how important they are until you are not able to see that friend in the usual places. You have always been the one to make me laugh when I feel like screaming....I wish I could be that for you right now. My thoughts and prayers are full of you. I will try to insert some stress relief jokes in my prayers so hopefully you will feel them. Keep resting my friend. Love, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love you so much and think about you and pray for you everyday! I think in challenging times like this its about baby steps, and moment to moment. Dont think about tomorrow, or next week, or next month, just focus on getting through each moment- and those moments will add up quickly and get you through this. Love you sweetie! We are always here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, I'm so glad you're back home now. You are in my prayers. And I put your name in the temple a couple of days ago. You are such a caring, wonderful person. Good luck with everything. Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim,
    soooo happy to hear that your home, I would guess that your more comfortable there! We continue to think and pray for you - Patty if know who is in charge of the meal list will you let me know or just add me to the list :) our # is 5607, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, You are such an inspiration to us all! Welcome home! My kids include you in our prayers everyday. At first when we all found out about your cancer, I think it was Bailey or Jessey, they said, "...and Heavenly Father please bless that girl with cancer!" They couldn't remember your name. It was really cute...anyway they get it right now :) We love you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love and our prayers are with you and your family. Gary said to tell you "hello" and that he says a prayer for you each evening. We love and are thinking of you. Love, Rick and Melanie Jensen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome Home! Sometimes the best recipe for healing is being @ home surrounded by family.
    I'm not on the "bring dinner" list- so whoever's in charge and need some help please call me. Best wishes and prayers your way! Take Care, Celeste McKinney

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim you are truly an inspiration to me with your ever positive attitude. I hope that home and mom are the best medicine yet (I know they always are for me!). I'm so glad you have a strong family to see you through this.
    love, Holly Ferrin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim, I wish you a comfy chair next to a window in your beautiful home so you can enjoy "fall in Huntsville". Maybe even a warm cup of soup in hand. Welcome home! I check your blog every couple of days and I am so grateful to be able to follow your valiant fight against this invader. I pray you have a peaceful day today. Love Jill Williams

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kim,
    I'm glad you're home! I hope you recover quickly. You're in my prayers. I miss running the trails with you. Take care. Love Robyn D.

    ReplyDelete