Kim's journey

Kim was diagnosed last Thursday, September 16, 2010 with ovarian cancer. As Kim's Family, Friends, Neighbors and Fans - we have started this blog to help share information, updates, support, and love with each other during her next few months of surgery, treatment and healing. We will try to update it whenever we receive information. Please feel free to leave a comment expressing your support, love, and encouragement anytime - as that is how we will all grow and strengthen each other - especially Kim and her family. We love you Kim, and our faith, prayers, and total support and dedication are with you as you embark on this "Journey"!







Monday, October 11, 2010

Kim is Amazing

I stopped by this morning for a quick visit with Kim and her sweet mom Fern!  I went there with the hope of brightening their day and sharing with them the love and support of the sisters in our ward, but as always the opposite happened and I came away feeling uplifted and blessed to be able to know and associate with these amazing women. Last Friday Kim felt a little anxious about not being able to breath easily and she headed to the hospital to just be checked.  While there she was taken care of by a very caring staff of doctors and nurses - a couple of which Kim new well from the Valley.  She is very grateful for the tender and attentive care that she received amidst a very "crazy" night in the Emergency Room.
They did send her home with oxygen and she is using that periodically throughout the day and night to ease her breathing.  The team of doctors met today to plan and chart her upcoming treatments.
Her mother, Fern is there and this morning fixed Kim crepes and she was able to eat a few of those.  Kim's color was great, she told me she is noticably stronger each day.  She has a few doctor appointments this week on Wednesday and Thursday, and is hoping for good reports about her healing.
Vern and Kim and their family appreciate so much all of the many caring ways that you are showing love for their family.  She is missing and craving her regular social schedule - but realizes that for now your prayers, cards, and blog posts are what she needs most - as getting her strength back is the most important thing - so that they can begin Chemotherapy.

11 comments:

  1. We are thinking of you. I'm so glad that you have such caring helpers. We love you, Rick and Melanie Jensen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying and thinking of you daily. Hope you continue to get your strength back and feel ready to run!! Please call at any time day or night if you need anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I'm remembering those recovery days with kind of bittersweet feelings. Being sustained from the faith and prayers of so many was truly humbling and inspiring. Let those feelings renew and strengthen you as you focus on your rest and healing. With loving thoughts, Diane S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, thanks for the post.

    Kim,

    I'm grateful that you have a wonderful mom who will take care of you and your family.

    I'll be praying for all of you.

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim,
    Know that I love you and my thoughts and prayers are with you! We've lost touch in the past few years with life going on around us, but know that our faith and love for heavenly father holds a bond between us. Your mom is as wonderful as I remember her and your sweet husband is also just as awesome. Rest and get your strength back, and floss when you can! I'm sure your dentist will understand!
    Love,
    Cindy F. Ovard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim,
    You have been on my mind lately and I've often wondered how one of the dear friends of my youth has been. I am so sorry to hear of your health but reading the comments from the blog asure me that you are still the amazing and strong woman that I grew to love so long ago. You are in my thoughts and prayers!
    Love to you,
    Paula Cook Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were saddened to hear about this. Both Cindy and I are mindful of you and Vern. Our prayers and fasting will have more meaning. "Fight, fight, fight! Love you.
    Troy and Cindy Dial

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, Just wanted you to know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers at this time. Sure glad you have family there to help out.
    Love & Hugs, Leanne M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness for the younger generation that can keep us informed about our dear friends. (Katie found this) Kim, you have had a profound effect on me and my family. When I was in my car accident, you told me it was okay to have a "pity party" occassionally. I have found that to be true. However, doesn't sound like you have started into your "quota" yet. I, also, learned at that time that nothing is more powerful for comfort, healing, and miracles than the power of family and friends united in prayers of faith. I recently got a new visiting teaching assignment and was thinking about what a wonderful experience and growth time it was for me when we were together. Thanks for being a good friend and gospel sister. You are in our prayers.

    Peggy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing new to your blog, so I thought I would add out thoughts and prayers again. We are getting Spencer, isn't he still just 5 or 6, I wish sometimes that we could just freeze time, ready for his mission to Porto, Portugal. He will leave on November 10th. I will be an empty nester, except we still have wonderful Gary to fill a needed spot in our lives. We try to check on you all everyday. We miss our Huntsville friends. Love, Rick and Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am sure you are bombarded with food offers - but you can add ours! Anytime, just call the restaurant and we will deliver!! 745-2745
    Greg and Sheri Farley

    ReplyDelete